16 – 19 March 2023 – Holotropic Double Breathwork
Join Mark from Caledonian Holotropic and GTT staff Nora McDonnell, to surf your inner landscape in holotropic states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the technology is Holotropic Breathwork® – the fuel is your breath.
This double breathwork, in-person event can also be used for those who have attended a Grof Transpersonal Training (GTT) virtual module to complete the module requirement. It includes preparation, session and integration. Each participant will breathe twice and sit twice.
What is Holotropic Breathwork?
Essentially Holotropic Breathwork can provide Inspiration, Insights and Healing.
It has 3 components:
• Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Holotropic Breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey. It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Holotropic breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
Contra-indications: Breathwork is intended as a personal growth experience and should not be looked upon as a substitute for psychotherapy. Holotropic Breathwork can involve dramatic experiences accompanied by strong emotional and physical release. This workshop is not appropriate for pregnant women, or for persons with cardiovascular problems, severe hypertension, some diagnosed psychiatric conditions, recent surgery or fractures, acute infectious illness, epilepsy, or active spiritual emergency. If you have any doubt about whether you should participate, it is essential that you consult your physician or therapist as well as the workshop organisers before attending.
This event is in three parts:
First, a live, on-line, 2 hour preparation “Introduction to breathwork” on the preceding Sunday, at 7pm (GMT).
This is an important preparation session to build the container and the safety for individuals and the group. It will allow you to go deeper into your experience.
We will be talking about:
- the format and what a session looks like
- what can come up in a session and why
- how you can get the most from your session
- the different roles of breather, sitter and facilitator
- safety, safety, safety
Hopefully you will understand that you will not be able to breathe on the weekend if you do not attend this introductory session. There will be no time to go over it on the weekend with you.
Second, The breathwork weekend:
- Arrival at the venue from 4.30pm and by 5.30pm on Thursday for supper, opening circle and breathwork preparation
- Breathwork -one session on Friday morning and one in the afternoon and the same on Saturday
- Integration starts with mandala drawing after each breathwork session
- Sharing circle then free time on the 2nd evening and celebration dance on the final evening
- Integration continues on Sunday morning completing with lunch at 1pm.
Third, a 1 hour on-line integration circle on the following Sunday at 7pm included in your retreat fee. We strongly recommend that you attend to support your integration process. You will be sent a link immediately after your retreat.
Safety is priority and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
Your facilitators are:
Mark Baugh +44 (0) 7828 752649 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nora McDonnell (GTT Staff) – email@example.com
Please feel free to contact Mark for bookings queries and any of us for anything else.
Holy Rood House in Thirsk
The event exchange is £865:
£550 is payable to Caledonian Holotropic with the following reductions:
- Early bird discount before 16 January 2023 = £45
- Bring a friend = £25
Where finance is an obstacle to attending a payment plan can be arranged. The Caledonian Holotropic Retreat Fund may also be able to offer assistance.
£315 payable to Holy Rood House for accommodation and meals in cash on arrival at the venue. Rooms are 75% single accomodation and are available on a first come first served basis, the remainder are twin rooms..
You can register for the event using the link below:
We look forward to “adventuring” with you.
Mark and Nora